The Ghosts & Apparitions Bundle – Curated by Tricia Reeks
It isn’t a requirement to believe in ghosts to enjoy a good ghost story. Most of us have wondered what happens after this life, and what better way to explore the infinite possibilities than by reading the imaginative takes writers have on the topic. I have long been drawn to tales of ghosts and hauntings: starting with early reads, such as Shirley Jackson’s The Haunting of Hill House and Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights, to later stories like Toni Morrison’s Beloved or Isabel Allende’s House of Spirits.
For me, the very wrongness of spirits that refuse to move on can somehow be so right. Perhaps it is the ability of authors to make us feel the intensity of emotions strong enough to keep an entity tethered to this world that can be so intoxicating. Love, hate, grief, longing. And let’s not forget revenge.
The manifestation of ghosts in fiction is almost endless. Haunted houses, haunted ships, haunted forests. Spirits of bad intent. Others that stay to lend a helping hand. Ghostly apparitions. Entities that are invisible to the eye yet devastating to the soul. Stories that evoke emotions that range from terror to despair to hope.
The books in this bundle are purposefully wide-ranging in tone as well content. From the hopefulness and redemption of Keith Rosson’s Smoke City and J.S. Breukelaar’s The Bridge, to the gut-wrenching devastation of Gabino Iglesias’s Coyote Songs and Andrew Cull’s Remains. From the poignant prose of Mary Rickert’s stories to the masterful storytelling styles in William Meikle’s The Ghost Club. If you like tales of the supernatural, then we think that this selection will have something that appeals to everyone. – Tricia Reeks
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Hauntings edited by Ellen Datlow
- The Bridge by J.S. Breukelaar
- Remains by Andrew Cull
- Bayou Whispers by R.B. Wood
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus six more books for a total of 10!
- Coyote Songs by Gabino Iglesias
- You Have Never Been Here by Mary Rickert
- Smoke City by Keith Rosson
- Into Bones Like Oil by Kaaron Warren
- The Crying Forest by Venero Armanno
- The Ghost Club by William Meikle
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Girls Write Now and Mighty Writers!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.