Coming April 2021!
Meera and her twin sister Kai are among thousands of hybrid women—called Mades—bred by the Father in his Blood Temple cult. Meera is rescued by a mysterious healer and storyteller, Narn, but her sister, Kai, does not survive the Father’s “unmaking”—although Kai may not have accepted that yet and still follows Meera around. Years later, when the cult is discovered and abolished, Meera, still racked with guilt and grief, enrolls in college to take advantage of a generous new Redress Program. When Narn’s conjure stories buy Meera a free ride to a notorious horror reading series, she is soon the darling of the lit set, feted by the other students, finally whole, finally free of the idea that she should have died instead of her sister. But college is not all it seems—Narn has lost a sister too, and Meera agrees to try and find her if Narn will keep feeding Meera the stories that are opening her up to memories she’s never acknowledged, secrets she’s never wanted to know, about Narn’s and the Father’s connection to a violent campus stalker. Time is closing in and Meera is afraid of where she stands on the bridge between worlds—fearful of what waits on the other side.
- 2021 Releases from Meerkat Press
- ★ Publishers Weekly Starred Review for Folk Songs for Trauma Surgeons
- Happy Holidays from Meerkat Press
- Meerkat Press Signs Steve Simpson’s The Purpose of Reality, a Two Volume Set of Poetry, Short Fiction, and Art.
- Foreword Reviews Weighs in on The Road to Woop Woop by Eugen Bacon