As fans of indie books, indie publishers, and exquisite graphic design, we would be huge fans of Foreword Reviews even if we weren’t in the business of publishing books. But since we are a publisher, it makes us overflow with satisfaction when a professional reviewer feels like we do about one of our books.
So seeing Meet Me in the Strange get a glowing starred review from Hannah Hohman, had us floating on clouds. Then, to see that Keith Rosson’s cover art was used in a YA featured spread that included the review of Meet Me in the Strange in their Mar/April issue, was almost more than we could handle. Huge thanks to Foreword Reviews for their tireless support of the indie publishing community!
Here’s a taste of what Hannah had to say. You can also read the full review HERE.
“The story is told through Davi’s eyes, though Davi is not broadly described; only minor details are included to flesh them out, like Davi’s taste in music. Davi’s gender is never revealed; they assume a sort of implicit androgyny. This mysteriousness is mirrored in the turns of the prose, as the reader is allowed to belong to an enigmatic world and observe it with awe.” – Hannah Hohman, Foreword Reviews
Meet Me in the Strange
On Sale Now!
Recent Press & Endorsements
- Steve Sherrill (author of The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break) – “Meet Me In The Strange. Indeed. Leander Watts renders this strange world, this exotic, futuristic, dangerous world, brilliantly. You can feel the power of the glister rock, the music that surges through the story, through the bodies and lives of Davi and Anna Z, transforming the pair and compelling them to take the biggest risk of their young lives. It is a story, richly detailed, where the real and the supernatural dance close. What secrets lie in the hidden corridors and back rooms of the majestic Angelus Hotel? What mysterious force in Django’s raw music captures and transforms Anna Z in spirit if not body? Davi must find out. Davi will find out. But threat bites at his heels around every turn.”
- Foreword Reviews (starred review) – “In an intoxicating swirl of futuristic imagery and existential inner reflection, Meet Me in the Strangetreats music and spirituality as one and the same. . . Meet Me in the Strange is a wondrous, alien tale, not quite like any other story out there.” – Full Review
- Kirkus Reviews – ” The world of the novel, from its language and geography to its layers of popular culture, is drawn with intricacy and vitality. . . A bighearted and imaginative tale about a glam god’s fans.” – Full Review
- YA Books Central – Interview
- Winged Reads (4 stars) – ” This is a story about being vulnerable, breaking through isolation, and finding places (times, songs, friends) that make you feel you can belong . In a heightened landscape it invites you to float away with it, but it’s a very human experience at heart.”
- Radioactive Reviews (4 stars) – “This story is crazy and a smooth ride from start to finish…this book was an enjoyable read and I’m glad I got the chance to read it.” – Full Review
- TRL Reviews – “The story was magical and cool and out there (in a good way). The characters had an almost biblical innocence to them which was enhanced and made even more believable by the god-like persona of their rock god. Also, I loved the literary references littered throughout the story (I see you, Frankenstein). Definitely check out Meet Me in the Strange.” – Full Review
There are no upcoming events at this time.