To celebrate the release of My Cruel Invention, here is a special reading of one of the poems nominated for a Pushcart Prize. Karen Skolfield reads her poem, “Musical Instrument Adapted to Emit a Controlled Flame.” Get your copy of My Cruel Invention: A Contemporary Poetry Anthology, edited by Bernadette Geyer, today at Amazon.
We are extremely pleased to announce our nominations for the Pushcart Prize! This was not an easy task given the quality of poetry and short fiction we’ve been so fortunate to include in our publication this year. But we had to choose so, without further ado, here are our nominations:
- “To 5-FU,” by Brett Foster
- “Musical Instrument Adapted to Emit a Controlled Flame,” by Karen Skolfield
- “On Violin Pedagogy,” by Clare Louise Harmon
- “A Concise Protocol for Efficient Deicide,” by Mel Paisley
- “Jacinta’s Lovers,” by Steve Simpson
- “The Sorcerer’s Unattainable Gardens,” by A. Merc Rustad
(Note: "The Sorcerer's Unattainable Gardens," originally appeared in one of our favorite publications, Daily Science Fiction, on 4/17/15, and is included in Love Hurts. A Speculative Fiction Anthology)
December 1st, Love Hurts will be available for purchase in both paperback and digital formats! In the meantime, we wanted to give everyone a first look at the Cover. Are you as excited as we are?
|A. Merc Rustad|
|J. D. Brink|
|Michelle Ann King|
|G. Scott Huggins|
|Aliette de Bodard|
|Charlie Jane Anders|